Saturday, February 27, 2016

DAY 300

I have never in this whole period thought about checking how many days there have been since I started wearing my one outfit. Today I randomly got the thought to do it, which was a pleasant surprise, because today marked my 300th day. Just randomly like that.
What started as only a 30 day project has become ten times that. Funny. Time has passed and I almost haven't felt it, so already come this far I am heading for one year. Only 65 days to go. (!)

This period has evolved me even more than I ever thought it would. My everyday life, my consumer patterns, my standards, values and focuses. As a result I wrote my BA thesis about conscientious consumerism - and right now I am working on my bachelor project in school, where I come in on things that I have learned and found out during this time. 
I want to write more about that all later. 

Thinking there are only 65 days left to go I get a little nervous. What will I do then? How should I move on from this? I have already sold and given away most of my clothes, and things for that matter so of course things will never go back to how they used to be. I've stopped thinking about this as a project or something that I have to do, this is just me, right now. A lot of things have happened in the last few months, events, christmas, new years, parties, festivals and not once have I felt the urge or the pressure to wear something else or something more appropriate. And I love it. 
A short one for today, but a promise of more to come.

I'll include this year's favorite christmas photo for y'all: 



Until next time, 

J



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home